A few years ago, I was so negative on religions and even religious people, but recently I’m seeing the positive side of it. Although of course it’s a terrible thing when abused to control over people through politics.
- Physical movement; e.g. in muslim prayers.
- Fasting; discipline, self awareness, body’s self-healing mechanism. It’s a common practice among all religions.
- Sanitation; especially after seeing so much shit in Berlin lol
- Meditiation; we all get enough stress and anxiety in our lives.
- Education; e.g. pray towards Mecca’s direction, and that means learning compass (stars, etc), which is astronomy, which is science, which is education.
- Following rules in general is also part of a civilised society.
- and the list can go on.
It all makes sense now that why these rules were in place, especially at that time. Some of them are for sure obsolete and even against democracy, but we can still benefit from other rules.